|Preparing for Clean Eating-Salmon, veggies, sweet potato, hard boiled eggs|
Last night I was a proud momma, I made some wonderful healthy food for myself, my hubby and my daughter and she ate every bite of salmon, broccoli and sweet potato on her plate! If you have a toddler that you feed, you know how rewarding this is! I thought that I would share my process with you here so you can see how easy this is! It took me an hour start to finish and I had 3 meals, hard boiled eggs for the week and extra veggies and sweet potato for my little one.
Step 1- Prep:
- Put the pot on to boil with the eggs in the water and a sprinkle of salt, once the water is boiling set your timer for 15 minutes. When they are done put them in a cold water and ice bath (this helps them to stop cooking and to peel easier). Write hard boiled on the label so they are easy to identify if you have fresh eggs too. Done!
- Wash and cut all your veggies.
- Dress your salmon- sprinkle salmon with dill and salt, squeeze the juice of one lemon on the fillet, and a few extra slices of lemon to add more flavor while salmon bakes.
Yum! Fresh from the farmers market, broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes tossed with roasted garlic and evoo Simple eat clean salmon- Lemon, dill, pink Himalayan sea salt, evoo
- Heat a little evoo and minced garlic (I use a jar of organic garlic from whole foods, much easier than mincing your own) in a pan on medium heat and cook broccoli and zucchini until tender but not done, add your tomatoes and turn heat to low let simmer until all veggies are the texture you like.
- Place two layers of foil on baking sheet, place the salmon on top and seal up foil. Bake in a pre-heated 425 degree oven for 15-20 minutes depending on thickness of fillet. You will know it is done with fish flakes easily.
|Ready to bake|
- After you portion out your meal, put the rest in Tupperware to store in the fridge.
|The finished product! Quick, healthy and yummy!|
- Bake sweet potato at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes depending how "mushy" you like your potato. My daughter and I prefer it on the less mushy side, so I do 45 mins. Once the potato has cooled a little but not completely, peel and slice into circles then into square sections, toss with some organic coconut oil and cinnamon. Enjoy warm!
|My eat clean treat!|
Thanks for stopping by!