I usually allow myself one cheat meal a week, but with all the festivities of this weekend I think I had a few too many! We had a wedding on Friday night, took my mom and brother out for their birthdays on Saturday and I had one of my best friends wedding shower today. Now with things slowing down, and my yoga pants a little tighter, it is time to re-align with my goals and get myself back on track. My goal for myself is to lose some belly fat so I can see some ab definition, work on getting my arms and shoulders to pop and to look awesome in the strapless wedding dress for my friends wedding I am standing up in November. I feel that this is a realistic goal for myself. I know that if I want this to happen I have to tighten up on my eating. I would say right now I am about 85-90% clean eating, but I do allow myself more than a few treats. I am great with my workouts, but I know in order to see the results, I need to be at 100% clean eating and leave the treats alone. Sometimes I entertain the idea of competing in a fitness competition before we have baby number two, and I know that I can if I really set my mind too it. I may start researching it in the next few weeks...we'll see! What are your goals for the rest of the year?
Week 6 was a so, so week. Definitely not on par with some of my better weeks, however like I said yesterday, I was taking some rest days because I wasn't feeling great at the beginning of the week. I am well rested and ready to take on week 7 and work harder, better to get faster and stronger! How was your week? Did you get your workouts in?
Here is my week 6 week in review:
Monday: Chest & arms with interval cardio
Wednesday: Back & Shoulders
Thursday: Jillian Michaels Kickboxing- 40 minutes
Saturday- 600 calorie workout
|Saturday's calorie burn in just over an hour!|
|Original Recipe Here|
- 2 lbs. extra lean ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 - 4 oz. cans of diced green chilies
- 1 - 15 oz. can Organic Tri-Bean Blend (drained)
- 1 - 15 oz. can Organic Black Beans (drained)
- 2 - 14.5 oz. cans Organic Diced Tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 tbsp. Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend (Ideal)
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 3 tbsp. regular yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. dried or fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. adobo sauce (optional)
- In a large pot add onions and meat, sprinkled with garlic powder and cook until no longer pink (drain using a plate, if desired).
- Next add the green chilies, beans, tomatoes, xylitol and spices (except cilantro) and stir until combined.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Finally, add cilantro. Serve hot.
- You may sprinkle veggie shreds or a light cheese on top.
1 serving = 196 calories, 1 g fat, 20 g carbs, 24 g protein