Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Getting Back in the Right Mindset + October Goals
Have you ever been in that place where you just don't feel like doing anything and working out is the last thing on your mind? That is how I was feeling Monday and yesterday. I can't really decide exactly what was going on, but my mind and heart were just not there. I did workout, just 20 minutes with Jillian Michaels for the Ripped in 30 workout, but I couldn't push myself to do more than that, which is unlike me. So I just decided to stop thinking about it so much and just let it go. I was reading through my Bloglovin feed and came across The Workout Mama and Tamara's post about needing Jesus. It was simple and very beautifully written and made me change my mindset about all the things that were swirling around in my head. I decided to stop worrying so much about what I was doing with my fitness goals and nutrition plan and realize that I need to just live in each moment and create balance in my life. I want to live healthy every day and for me that means, eating the right healthy foods most of the time, allowing myself a dessert or glass of wine when I want it, working out daily (one rest or yoga day), spending time with Ariana (doing 1:1 activities or sitting and playing, spending time with my husband, reading, cooking, blogging and finding time everyday to pray and be thankful for all of my blessings. What does a healthy life look like for you?
With that I decided to create some October Goals for myself, some fitness related, some not and share them with you. I hope that you decide to do the same, and I would love to know what yours are.
1) Do at least 2 art projects a week with Ariana. Thank goodness for Pinterest, I am going to load up my board with stuff to do!
2) Listen to my body. If I am hungry I will eat, if I am tired I will go to bed, if I need a rest day I will take it. I will also work to push myself just a little harder in my workouts.
3) Read 2 books. One fiction and one non-fiction. Any good suggestions would be appreciated!
4) Walk outside once a day with Ariana and talk about what we see.
5) Spend some time with just me and the hubby after Ariana goes to bed, doing something other than just watching tv.
6) Go to Church! This will be hard with a toddler, but I might try a mass during the week when it isn't quite as busy.
7) Do more yoga! I miss my weekly yoga practice and I would like to get back to it.
8) Read more of the blogs in my bloglovin feed and make more blogger connections. I got a great idea from a fellow SPA sister and blogger and I am going to post it later this week or next.
9) Take time to just sit and be.
10) Cook more meals at home! I love to cook, its the cleaning up that I don't love. I am going to try and cook more meals at home, this way Joe will also have more meals to have at work.
Well this is my list! I am going to reflect next month and see how I did. Now it is your turn, what goals are you working on for this month, fitness and non-fitness related? Share with me...I would love to hear!
P.S. I had a tall Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha (iced, non-fat no whip) today and I enjoyed every sip! What is your favorite fall drink?
P.P.S. I made the Clean Eating butternut squash soup yesterday and it was delicious! If you haven't tried it yet, you must!