I am excited to be guest posting for Stephanie today! We were chatting about how much we love to eat clean, but also how much we love desserts. If you know me at all, you know that I can't (and won't) live without chocolate. I feel that eating a clean diet is a lifestyle and not a so called "diet". It is easy to maintain, and in my opinion allows for a cheat meal once a week. I also incorporate my little treats here and there, but in moderation. This recipe for Clean Eating Chocolate Muffins will allow you to have a clean eating treat and tackle that chocolate craving. I hope that you enjoy it!
Clean Eating Chocolate Muffins
Servings- 12 muffins 117 Calories per muffin (calculated with My Fitness Pal)
1 3/4 Cups Oats
3 egg whites
3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (organic when possible)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup hot water
2-3 drops liquid stevia (to taste) or 1 cup of your favorite no-calorie sugar substitute (Stevia in the Raw)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 cup muffin tin with foil cucpcake liners or spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a blender (or food processor) mix all of the ingredients together, except for chocolate chips.
- Place a mixture in bowl and fold in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set aside the rest)
- Scoop mixture evenly into muffin pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes, top with the rest of the chocolate chips, and bake for additional 2-5 minutes (muffins are done when toothpick comes out clean)
This post also appeared at Beautiful to the Core.