Happy Wild Workout Wednesday! Every week for Wild Workout Wednesday I link up with Annmarie from The Fit Foodie Mama, Michelle from Fruition Fitness and Nicole from Fitful Focus bring you our fitness, healthy living, workouts and recipe posts! If you have a post to link up we would love to have you join in the fun, if not, grab your coffee and get ready to be motivated by some great fitness and healthy living bloggers!
Today I want to share 5 tips to become a morning workout person! I used to be the last person to get up and workout early in the morning...that was before I was a mom and sleeping in was an option! Now that my daughter is in school a few days a week I like to get up early on those days and get my workout in before she is up. This means I have to set my alarm for 6:30 or 7:00, to me this is so early. My hubby doesn't have to be to work until 9:00, so I can easily sleep till 8:00 before I have to get up and make breakfast. My normal schedule has me working out about an hour after breakfast, so usually around 10:30. It is quite a change on those days I have to hop out of bed toss on my workout clothes while still yawning and trying to wake up! But once I am done I am so happy that I took the time to get up and get it done. It helps to get my day going, I have more energy and it makes my morning run so much smoother getting my little one to school. Today we had time to make her favorite banana nut chocolate chip muffins!
I found I was successful when I set myself up for my early morning sessions. I also talked to my inspiring Instagram friend Lindsay (sheafgirl) about how she gets up so early...like 4:30 in the morning (and I thought 7:00 was crazy)! She is always the first one to comment on my early morning workout Instagram posts, and inspires me to get up and get it done! She has been doing it consistently for 5 years, because she likes to get it done before her boys wake up. She found that if she put it off until later it never happened. I asked her for some of her tips as well. After you check out our tips be sure to head over and give her a follow on Facebook and Instagram!
Here are our top 5 tips on becoming a morning workout person:
- Go to bed early enough so you get at least 7 hours of sleep and be sure to set an alarm or 2! I always make sure to get to bed on time so I can wake up ready to workout. I also set 2 alarms on my phone with a message that says "Wake up and Workout...get it girl" It reminds me why I have an alarm set.
- Have all your workout clothes and a full water bottle ready! This is ensure that you aren't fumbling around in the dark, if there are others in the house still sleeping. I set mine in the bathroom so I can close the door and turn the light on. I have my water bottle filled and in the fridge ready to go!
- Have your workout planned or DVD in the player! Don't waste time trying to decide your workout, have it planned or if you do DVD workouts, like Lindsay, have it in the player ready to go! No excuses he
- Find a morning workout buddy! I know that Lindsay will encourage me on Instagram when I post my early morning workouts...since she is in the early morning mom workout club! Find someone on your Instagram (and/or myself and Lindsay) to cheer you on, or find a friend you can text in the morning before and after your workout. When you have someone keeping you accountable it makes it easier to get your workout in!
- Don't give up! The first few weeks will be hard. You will feel tired earlier at night so be sure to get to bed and get your rest. After a few weeks you will adjust. If you miss one early morning workout it is not the end of the world. Try to get it in later that day and try again tomorrow. I can't tell you how many alarms I turned off when I first started trying to get up early to get my workout done. But I didn't give up and I am making it a habit, you can do it too!
Do you have any tips that you would add?
Still thinking about joining AM Fit Girls for October Fitness & Nutrition Challenge group? There is still time, you can sign up HERE.
Now it is time for the Wild Workout Wednesday link up! Be sure to grab our button to link back to the link up, and follow your hostesses in any way that you can! We are excited to have you join us!
Angelena Marie at Angelena Marie: Happy, Healthy & Balanced // Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest // Google +
Annmarie at The Fit Foodie Mama // Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest // Google +
Nicole at Fitful Focus // Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest