My 5k training has been on hold last week and this week, which is a bummer! I was doing so well with getting my workouts in. Last week like I mentioned my little one was sick and I was spending all my time getting her back to her happy, healthy self. Then we had to prepare for Easter, we had family over, so I was busy shopping, cleaning and cooking. Then Sunday night, I got sick!! Ugh! I am just starting to feel better, but its my sinuses and a head that are killing me so I have to wait until I am feeling better to get back to my workouts. I just picked up the toys in my living room and it wore me out, haha! It really is the worst being sick. So, once I am feeling better I am going to double up on my runs during the week until I get caught back up. Today I want to share a strength training workout for runners. I have still been getting my weights workout in, well I was until the sickness hit our house. It is important to still workout with weights when training for runs as well. You want to stretch out after a quick warm up then get your run in then do your strength training workout in. I usually do the opposite of what I just mentioned, but since running is what I am focusing on I want to use my energy for that first then get my strength workout in.
I hope that you enjoy the workout! Are there any moves that you would add? I am hoping to get back to my workouts by the end of this week! I have to get back on schedule with my couch 2 5k program!
Do you have any races coming up?
Now it's time for the Wild Workout Wednesday Link Up!
Here are the rules to join in:
1) Follow your host and co-hosts in any way you can!
Angelena Marie at Angelena Marie: Happy, Healthy & Balanced // Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Pinterest // Google +
2) Link up with a fitness or healthy living post. It can be something you just posted or a favorite from your archives as long as it is fitness or healthy living related. Feel free to link up to 3 posts.
3) Snag our awesome Wild Workout Wednesday Button to make sure to link back in your blog post:
You can also display the button on your blog sidebar to spread the word about this fun linkup!
4) Make sure to leave a comment on the host and co-hosts link up post.
5) Visit at least 2 other blogs in the link up and leave a comment!
6) Share the love...post with the #wildworkoutwednesday on your posts to share this awesome link up and spread the word. Sharing is caring! You can also tag @angelenamarie1, @boldfitmom, @pretty_in_pink_fitness and @fitfoodiemama on social media sites.
Did you know you can now get a e-mail whenever a new post goes live? Just enter your e-mail in the bar at the top of the screen. You will only get an-email when a post goes live and I promise you will never be spammed! I would love to have you join my e-mail list!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you on Friday for Supplements to Help With Recovery (this was supposed to be Monday's post, but I wasn't able to get out of bed!) It is a good one if you are struggling to recover after your workouts!